Bored? Want to RP? Come visit TREASURE TOWN !
Want your own scrolling announcement? Buy one! GO HERE FOR MORE INFO
No Signature? No Avatar? Get one now!! CLICKER HERE!!! Free Signature & Avatar for the first 5 Customers!!!

Subbed or dubbed

Poll

Which do you prefer?

[ 5 ]
45% [45%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 3 ]
27% [27%] 
[ 3 ]
27% [27%] 

Total Votes: 11
King_Nothing
Empowered soul

BD-cash : 56037

Subbed or dubbed

Post by King_Nothing on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 am

When watching any anime, which of these do you look for the most.

I dont care, I like the anime, so I dont care how they talk. Sometimes I prefer Sub because I like reading. (Yes, Im a nerd)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum}
war_makes_me_happy
Empowered soul

BD-cash : 96905

Re: Subbed or dubbed

Post by war_makes_me_happy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:35 am

Some subbed versions can actually be better in my opinion. I like to hear how english voice actors do sometimes, a lot of the time it actually works out pretty well. I don't mind dubbed either which is why I voted for "Don't really care" because I tend to watch both ~

[b]Nancy Spam's Hubby
JennyReika
Empowered soul

BD-cash : 190145

Post by JennyReika on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Out of all the anime's I've watched, I have only seen 3 that were alright dubbed.

Trinity Blood, InuYasha (I love Richard Ian Cox doing his voice), and Death Note.

But the thing is, I prefer them all subtitled too... so I guess thats why I had to go subbed.

Most of the animes I have watched have been ruined by stupid American companies buying the rights and ruining them...

Examples... Cardcaptors, taken from Cardcaptor Sakura... and spliced up to make their own little idea of the cartoon, and giving the characters disgusting voices... especially Kero... :(

Another example... Tokyo Mew Mew... which was also bought by 4Kids, in which they made the characters sound absolutely terrible.

Yes, these are the worst of the worst... I am pretty sure that they have ruined quite a bit more...

Actually, I started watching Winx Club, which was originally an Italian Cartoon, and I watched it subtitled, and then 4Kids bought it, and ruined it as well...

So, almost all the anime's Ive watched are better subbed. I way prefer Bleach in subtitles. The only voice I can stand in the dubbed is Ichigo's. Other than him, all the voices really are just kind of irritating... especially Orihime's, and I love her.

For some reason, they tend to pick super annoying voices for dubbed that jut dont seem to fit the characters to me.

So thats why I prefer subbed.

My Heart Is With A Nicholson

Goddess of Sin|11th's Sinful Captain|Mother to Zeria
Nance
8th Division
8th Division

BD-cash : 77994

Post by Nance on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:42 am

I mostly prefer subbed when watching animes because the dubbers sucks the life out of the anime character D:

But for Bleach I don't really care since I only read the manga.
Kio
Soul

BD-cash : 4404

Post by Kio on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Yes, Same here, I prefer subbed over anything else... I dont like the dubbers, they ruin the anime characters...

~*"Unlucky."* ~*The Lurking Admin*~

Loli Gaga
Vizard
Vizard

8th Division Oyabun
Ocho Espada

BD-cash : 78217

Post by Loli Gaga on Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm

I think there was a thread about this but oh well.

I used to like dubbed mainly cause ima lazy reader, but after watching too much subbed anime's i came to a realization that i hated dubbed ones... catch my drift?

><

so yeah SUBBED!!

-raises subbed flag-

☠☠☠ CLAIRE/AVE+MARIA ☠☠☠ REIRA/BUCKY ☠☠☠

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:00 am

I think both are fine. I prefer subbed because in the dub, it doesn't even look like the words are forming when they sy there words.

Wycca
13th Division
13th Division

BD-cash : 2789

Post by Wycca on Sun May 02, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm usually impartial, leaning towards dubbed because of my vision. I also usually don't say dubbed because that means nothing (because usually these are Japanese dubbed vs native language dub, both are dubs, but I wasn't the one who decided we were going to call them that.)
Also some English dubs are a lot better then most people give them credit for. Like in Death Note and Misa, sure, you want to strangle her sometimes but that voice really fits her personality sometimes too.
Personally I'm waiting for someone to start a argument about how much they disliked the Steamboy English dub(or Hellsing, or any anime that takes place in a primarily English speaking place).
Muerte
Rogue Shinigami
Rogue Shinigami

BD-cash : 126504

Post by Muerte on Sun May 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I love dubbed, a lot because I'm english. :3
But, I love Subbed Bleach and Naruto a lot.

"Ohhh... I get it. What you're really asking is... Will you please beat the shit out of me, Kanji?"
Kyouga
Espada
Espada

BD-cash : 9227

Post by Kyouga on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:09 am

I usually prefer English dubs for the more popular animes. However, I do watch Shinigami Cup in Eng Subs.

源魔藩
Minamoto demon clan
Muerte
Rogue Shinigami
Rogue Shinigami

BD-cash : 126504

Post by Muerte on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:33 am

I prefer the english subs, because they sound more interesting and they have mistakes in the english dub at times. And english dub bleach, takes to long to get updated, next month for next dub, and subs come a lot quicker. So, Subs are better imo

"Ohhh... I get it. What you're really asking is... Will you please beat the shit out of me, Kanji?"
cool beans
Empowered soul

BD-cash : 62419

Post by cool beans on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Got no choice when it comes to the matter with some as some dubbing of animes takes so frickin' long one piece being a good example lagging behind by about oooh 250 odd episodes...

i do love dubbed when its done proffesionally and with care and not too insulting to the source material

but naruto dubbed is so bad its hilarious

BELIEVE IT! good job

blackstrawberry
5th Division
5th Division

BD-cash : 23405

Post by blackstrawberry on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 pm

English sub all the way. :D

I just can't standing hearing...lol

Whitehat is my second account and thus every matter that may concern Flair, the character whom I own, will be carried out under the said name and the very account that I also own. -Blackstrawberry-

http://www.bleachdynasty.com/t4248-flair-del-oscura

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 pm